Mon. Apr 15th, 2024

Tucker Carlson releases first episode on Twitter: ‘We’re grateful to be here’

Tucker Carlson’s New Show on Twitter

On June 6, Carlson debuted “Tucker on Twitter,” in which the conservative personality Tucker Carlson

https://youtu.be/OwVzS577RP4

If you would like to see all his TUCKER ON TWITTER SHOW FEED Click Here

The Tucker Carlson Show on Twitter

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson released the first episode of his new show on Twitter Tuesday evening.

“Hey, it’s Tucker Carlson,” the host said, opening the 10-minute video while seated behind a desk at what appears to be his home in rural Maine.

Carlson then offered commentary on a reported explosion at a dam in Ukraine that sparked widespread evacuations in the war-torn country.

The conservative pundit used the episode to deride the American news media and politicians who have defended U.S. involvement in the country’s war with Russia

Carlson was ousted from his perch hosting Fox’s 8 p.m. hour earlier this year and neither he nor the network have publicly commented on what led to his departure. Several reports have surfaced in recent weeks suggesting that his ouster was connected to disparaging comments the host made about network leadership in text messages and made public as part of its now-settled defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems.

Carlson remains under contract with Fox and it’s unclear if his production of content for the social media platform would violate the terms of his agreement with the network. The pundit has separately accused the network of violating its contract by leaking unflattering material about him to the press.

In a cryptic video posted just says after his ouster, Carlson announced he would bring a version of his old Fox show to Twitter, which is owned by billionaire Elon Musk.

“As of today we have come to Twitter, which we hope will be the short wave radio under the blankets,” Carlson said, closing his first video on the platform. “We’re told there are no gatekeepers here. If that turns out to be false, we’ll leave. But in the meantime, we’re grateful to be here.” source

Tucker Carlson Posts First Installment of New Show on Twitter

The 10-minute video was similar to a stripped-down version of his former Fox program.

Tucker Carlson, the sidelined prime-time Fox News host, on Tuesday released the first installment of what he said would be his new show on Twitter, potentially setting up a confrontation with the cable network, where he remains under contract until early 2025.

The 10-minute video, Mr. Carlson’s first extended commentary since Fox took him off the air in April, was similar to a stripped-down version of what his roughly three million Fox viewers would have seen on his nightly program.

There were no guests or produced segments — only a monologue from Mr. Carlson, in which he hit some familiar themes. He expressed sympathy for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia and mocked President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine. He accused the mainstream media of lying. He wrapped up by declaring that U.F.O.s and extraterrestrial life are “actually real.”

“As of today, we’ve come to Twitter,” Mr. Carlson said in the video. “We’re told there are no gatekeepers here. If that turns out to be false, we’ll leave.”

He signed off the show, called “Tucker on Twitter,” by promising to be back with “much more, very soon.”

Fox management took Mr. Carlson off the air after concluding that he was too much of a liability. The two sides have not reached an agreement about the terms of a departure, including what kind of programming he could continue to make. Anchors like Mr. Carlson usually also have terms in their contracts that prevent them from making unsanctioned media appearances.

Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Carlson announced last month that he would take a version of his Fox show to Twitter.

He was ousted after the Fox board discovered a racist text message that he had sent to one of his producers and that was among the evidence amassed by Dominion Voting Systems as part of its defamation lawsuit over false claims of election fraud that the network aired.

Fox settled with Dominion for $787.5 million on the day the trial was set to begin in April. Tucker